As we are a little more than a month away from Halloween I’ve decided that I needed to spice up our house with all the fun fall festive ideas. So I began looking on Pinterest because that’s the one place you can find anything and everything on decorating. Especially when you aren’t trying to spend a fortune on decorations. I, myself, enjoy decorating, but can’t see myself just going out and buying things that I know my kids will want to touch and try to break. So instead I decided to do a little something different…
- I started out by asking my mother in law if she could save up her wine bottles. I’m not much of a wine drinker, but I knew that I didn’t want to go buy glass. What can I say, I’m a saavy shopper? 😉
- Once I had a few bottles, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought white, yellow & orange spray paint. I was in luck, it just so happened that the spray paints were 30% off. Yay score two for me!
- When I got home, I soaked the bottles in hot water to get the paper labels off. I’d have to say it isn’t hard, but it’s quite the pain the in butt to do.
- After the bottles were all cleaned up, I brought one little boy with his chalk and mommy with all of the crafting supplies to sit on the front porch. I set up with newspapers so I wouldn’t end up with spray paint all over the place. (It came in handy when I realized that the spray paint was quite messy.)
- Now, I know most of the time there are the pictures of a fabulous job and you look at yours, like what the heck did I do wrong to make it look so bad. Don’t feel bad. I wasted two wine bottles (spray paint is hard to come off) and was about to call it a day. Luckily the hubby told me I was spray painting too close and helped me to to two other ones.
- I spray painted a base coat of white let it dry and then did a second coat where it was needed. I then carefully (must be careful or the spray will go everywhere!) sprayed what I felt was a nice amount of Pumpkin Orange Spray Paint on top of the white coat, but only in the middle. Then I did the same for the yellow spray paint. That wasn’t so hard was it?